Finance for Non-Finance Managers (11th December)
Location: King’s College London, Department of War Studies, Room K6.07, Strand, London, WC2R 2LSEvent Description:
Please note this event is for colleagues whose HEI is a member of BUFDG. If you have a query about whether you are eligible to book a place, please email Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org
This one-day course (the same course is also running on Tuesday 12th December) gives non-accountants a basic understanding of finance. The course will provide an understanding of:
- Financial reporting/Budgeting/Forecasting cycle
- Jargon buster and key accounting concepts including capital/revenue/funding
- Differences between management and statutory accounts
- Key financial statements
- Where university money comes from, and what it's spent on
- Sources of information
- Finance Department structures and how they link with other university functions
- Importance of internal controls and audit
- Basic financial ratios
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at Non-Accountants who are keen to gain an understanding of finance. This could include new team members who have no finance background or staff in Universities who support finance or managing budgets.
The course will not benefit anyone who has a detailed knowledge of university finance.
What does the course aim to do?
At the end of the course you will:
- have an understanding of the key financial statements in the University
- have developed a basic understanding of some of the key financial terms
- be more confident in interpreting financial information
- be less apprehensive about finance
Registration from 9am ready for a 9.30am start and a finish time of approx 4pm. The same course is also running on Tuesday 12th December.
Total Tickets Sold: 28
Date : 11/12/2017
(Please ensure that your job title is correct in your 'My BUFDG - My Details' section [top right of this page] as this information will be used for the delegate list and name badge)