Thank you for submitting your feedback
The course will demonstrate the key principles of effective data communication. Taking place across two 3 hour sessions on-line, the course will cover:
Session 1: Principles of information design
• The key elements of successful data communication.
• Industry best practice, and discussion of good (and bad) examples.
• A simple framework for identifying the Audience, Story and Action.
Session 2: Data in context
• How to balance function and aesthetic appeal in visualisations.
• Identifying the right chart, graph, infographic or other visual style.
• Framing the data and providing contextual information.
Session 3: Designing for the human brain
• Design and layout principles, and creating hierarchies of information.
• Using colours to highlight key points and communicate meaning.
• The principle of ‘self-sufficiency’, and removing clutter.
Session 4: Navigation and narrative
• Tailoring visualisations for different types of communications.
• Managing larger data sets and structuring longer reports.
• Thinking in layers to create interactive data stories and dashboards.
The course takes place on Tuesday 6 June and Wednesday 7 June. From 9.30am - 12.30pm on both days.
The course will be delivered by Alan Rutter, the founder of Fire Plus Algebra and a specialist in data visualisation.
Places are limited to 16 so early booking is recommended.
For any queries, please contact Rachel.
Tagged : Management Accounting, Events
Type : Training
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalised web experience.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Look at the cookies we use below to help you make an informed decision. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information
Microsoft - ASP.NET_SessionId – keeps you logged in for a set period of time, so that you don’t have to keep logging in
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance
Please Wait. Loading...