Finance for Non Finance Managers
Location: Woburn House, 20-24 Tavistock Square, Kings Cross, London, WC1H 9HUEvent Description:
This one-day course gives non-accountants a basic understanding of finance. The course will provide an understanding of:
- Financial reporting/Budgeting/Forecasting cycle
- Jargon buster and key accounting concepts including capital/revenue/funding
- Differences between management and statutory accounts
- Key financial statements
- Where university money comes from, and what it's spent on
- Sources of information
- Finance Department structures and how they link with other university functions
- Importance of internal controls and audit
- Basic financial ratios
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at Non-Accountants who are keen to gain an understanding of finance. This could include new team members who have no finance background or staff in Universities who support finance or managing budgets.
The course will not benefit anyone who has a detailed knowledge of university finance.
What does the course aim to do?
At the end of the course you will:
- have an understanding of the key financial statements in the University
- have developed a basic understanding of some of the key financial terms
- be more confident in interpreting financial information
- be less apprehensive about finance
Registration from 9am ready for a 9.30am start and a finish time of approx 4pm.
Total Tickets Sold: 6
Date : 22/03/2019