BUFDG Treasury Management Conference
Location: 1 America Square, 17 Crosswall, London EC3N 2LBEvent Description:
BUFDG are very excited to be hosting their first Treasury Management Conference on Monday 24th June at One America Square in London. The event will be a great opportunity for our members to meet colleagues across Higher Education together with external experts. The day will consist of a number of plenary sessions and 20 breakout sessions with a huge variety of topics to choose from ensuring each delegate gets the most from the day.
A 09.30am start (with a 9am registration) and a close of 16.45pm. Further venue details can be found here.
The day will include:
Four plenary sessions, including:
How has the British economy faired under the weight of Brexit uncertainty?
Mark Berrisford-Smith, Head of Economics for HBSC’s commercial banking in the UK. Using his extensive experience in this area, Mark will bring us the latest position on the economy and what this means for the UK ensuring that we are as well informed as possible about the issues arising from ‘Brexit’.
The changing world of treasury
Caroline Stockmann, Chief Executive of the Association of Corporate Treasurers shares the latest research on treasury trends including how treasury is responding to our changing economy, why it’s becoming more embedded within organisations and what’s expected in the next few years.
Strategies for resistance and change – from world class mountaineer Andy Cave
For our closing session at the conference we hear from Andy Cave. Andy is a world class mountaineer with a PhD and two award winning books to his name. He will deliver a speech packed with humour and drama to capture the drive and spirit necessary to succeed when the stakes are high. Relating his mountaineering experiences to the world of finance and treasury, he will leave our delegates with strategies to cope with change and be more resilient.
20 breakout sessions to choose from
We have chosen a large selection of breakouts for this conference so that we ensure the most value for each of our delegates. Our variety of sessions means there will be something to suit everyone, from those who are newer to treasury in HE to those who have more extensive treasury knowledge.
- Oversight of the public sector regulatory environment
- The payments revolution
- Investment policies: What you should consider when drafting your policy
- Aligning profit with principles: An introduction to sustainable investing
- FX considerations for universities – helping universities devise treasury policies that aid in navigating the turbulent foreign exchange markets
- Treasury and short term investing in a challenging environment.
- Online payments v invoicing
- Financial covenants: a blessing or a curse?”
- The principles of treasury management - managing the three principles of treasury management: security, liquidity and yield.
- Cash flow forecasting
- Counterparty risk and the HE treasurer
£250 plus VAT for member delegates
£500 plus VAT for non-members
More programme details to follow soon.
Date : 24/06/2019
This ticket is for members of BUFDG, if you are unsure of eligibility to book this ticket, please contact Gill@phes.ac.uk or Rachel@bufdg.ac.uk